Saturday 23 August 2014

Highland Light Infantry

Something of a departure for me, i have just finished painting my first 120mm model. A sergeant of the 71st Highland Light Infantry.

Every now and then i enjoy painting something completely different as i think it helps keep me fresh. I like to have a side project on the painting table and whenever i feel painting fatigue creeping on i swap projects for a bit.

I decided to have a go at a 120mm model as i thought it would help improve my painting techniques. I believe you never stop learning and its good to stretch yourself sometimes. I used loads more paint layers than i would normally use on a 28mm model.

The paints i used where more normal vallejo acrylics, pretty chuffed with the end project, especially the wooden plinth which i think sets him off a treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment